Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Josh May - Oral Law

Josh May

“You shall be holy, for I, The Lord your G-d, am Holy.”


I chose this mitzvot for a few reasons. First off, I can confidently say that I am close to Judaism. I hear quite often, that as Jews, we are made in the image of G-d. If this Idea or representation of G-d is holy, therefore so am I. To build a fence around this idea, ideally I would follow each and every command that G-d presents. All 613 mitzvot along with all other commandments… yea I don't think so. Realistically what I do at home is perfectly fine for me. I am at my Temple for 10+ hours a week. I attend teen services multiple times throughout the school year, and attend services in the synagogue sometimes too. Along with that I attend multiple NFTY events and have t'filah multiple times a day there. Along with regional NFTY events, I also attended NFTY convention in Chicago and URJ Biennial in Boston. Learning about Judaism with my peers here at Heller High is fulfilling one of my newly formed, yet biggest dreams. While this Oral law does is all encompassing, I think that I relate to it quite often.


This Image is Some friends and I taking a photo with Rick Jacobs (President of URJ) at URJ Biennial in Boston.

This is meaningful to me as I was part of an event that had thousands of attendees. I learned so much about myself at this event and met so many people who had attended Heller High Aviv ‘17. These friends got me so excited to come. Living my life this way, is how I build a fence around the Torah for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Security Tiyul - Caleb Ernst   Last Wednesday, Kitat Keshet had it's final real tiyul which focused on three main things, Second Intif...