Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Oral Law - Disha

Oral Law- Disha


The mitzvot I chose from Leviticus was “ When a stranger resides with you in your
land, you shall not wrong him. The stranger who resides with you shall be to you as
one of your citizens; you shall love him as yourself for you were strangers in the
land of Egypt : I the Lord am your God.”

This Mitzvah really spoke to me because I agree that you shouldn’t do onto
others what you don’t want them to do onto you. I believe that you should
not judge others especially if you don’t even know them. This Mitzvah is
just like what is in the commandments which is treat everyone with love
and kindness and respect. When it said we were strangers in the land of Egypt,
it meant we were once outsiders in a foreign land and we wouldn’t want other
people to feel the same way as we did. Everyone should treat people the way
they would want to be treated not treat people the way they wouldn’t want to
be. I am very friendly with people and it is a habit for me to greet everyone
with a smile even if I don’t know them because it makes the other person’s
day better and it’s nice to get positivity instead of negativity. Doing bad
things to someone else especially strangers, will not make it easier for you to
make friends because they will just find you mean. If you are nice however,
then nothing bad can come out of it. I will continue to spread happiness and
treat others in a respectful and kind way because I know not only will it benefit
me but it will also help the other person feel better.


Image result for Camp George

When I read this Mitzvot I thought of my first time going to Camp George. I
had never been to summer camp before so I was not used to being in a setting
like that and I did not know anyone else who was there. I was put into a cabin
with around 11 girls and I had never met them before. They were all strangers
to me. It was hard for me to go and immediately try to make friends with them
because a lot of them already knew each other. I did not like these two girls in
particular because they just gave out a bad vibe to me, and they seemed rude
and unfriendly. They gave me so many reasons to want to do wrong towards
them because they did not act friendly to other people, they were rude, they
were not clean but I still gave them a chance. Sometimes it’s hard to try and
act nice to someone you haven’t met especially if they didn’t make the
greatest impression on you, but it’s important to realize that what you do to
others will always have an affect on you later on. If I was mean to those girls,
then I guarantee they would’ve done something to me, but I was friendly and
acted the same way I did to other people to them, and I got through that session
of Camp just fine. Those two girls ended up becoming two of my closest friends
at Camp and now that I think about it, that would’ve never happened if I didn’t
introduce myself and try and make friends. Camp is the place where you will
meet strangers and you may like some of them or you may not, but this is a place
that brings you close to other people in so many ways and it’s important to always
remember to treat others the same way they treat you because that is the best way to
live a good life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Security Tiyul - Caleb Ernst   Last Wednesday, Kitat Keshet had it's final real tiyul which focused on three main things, Second Intif...