Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Shabbat in Poland- Twiggy

On friday evening, we went to the JCC in Krakow where we learned about a year long Jewish gap program called JDC. They gave us a lovely shabbat dinner and taught us about the reform Jewish life, and the Jewish life in general that remains in Poland. We then went back to the hotel for a shabbat service. The next morning, we had another service at the hotel, and had a relaxing day followed by the wisdom of a woman whose family had been awarded Righteous Among The Nations. All in all, it was a very restful shabbat amidst a crazy week, that gave thought to the future of all of the students.



Would you be interested in doing another program like Heller High where you would get to travel abroad while involved with Judaism?

4 comments:

  1. Honestly, I think the program is very interesting, but I don't think I would be able to denote a year off. I don't think I have time for a year abroad, with all that I want to accomplish. With that said I am a big traveler and we will where life takes me. I plan on always staying connected to Judaism no matter where in the world I am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to do another program like tis being I love traveling and being immersed into a different culture. The connection with Judaism helps us while traveling, similar to the Jewish merchants that we learned about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These past 2 months have been amazing, so, yes! I would love to travel to every country and become immersed in their culture if I was able to. It's important to see the world from many different perspectives than just our own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. because I have enjoyed every part of Heller High so far, U would love to do another abroud program. Traveling is my favorite hobby so I wouldn't mind studying all over the world. However, I would prefer to experience a different place and culture if I were to do another program abroud. A Jewish aspect in the program is just another way to look at the world in many points of view. It also helps one relate to another in a deeper meaning.

    ReplyDelete

Security Tiyul - Caleb Ernst   Last Wednesday, Kitat Keshet had it's final real tiyul which focused on three main things, Second Intif...